Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Armani Privé Bois d’Encens

I actually love all of Armani's colognes on a guy. I think that this particular scent is really great and besides that, I really love the story behind this specific cologne. The Armani sales person tells the same old “Creation Story” — how young Giorgio always went to church with his grandmother and loved the incense-infused services; Armani asked his perfumer to recreate the church-incense aroma with Bois d’Encens. Being susceptible to imagery, now, when I spray on Bois d’Encens, I imagine the too-tanned, white haired head of today’s 75-year-old Armani on a six-year-old boy’s body and see a classic Italian grandma, black dress and stockings, lace veil pinned to her head, pulling little Armani down a cathedral aisle, censers swinging and smoking all around them. I don’t like other people’s faces (and life stories or fantasies) intruding on my perfume experiences. I thought this was pretty cool considering the fact that I've never heard such a story behind a scent.

Original Article
Category: Fragrances for Men > Giorgio Armani Men
Featured Product from Bayho: Emporio Armani Night

1 comment: